Saturday 7 December 2013

Glory and Gore Music Video

                                

For Media Production our project was to make a music video and my friend, Anne and I decided to create ours to the song "Glory and Gore" by Lorde. We did all of our filming at Westview Park, luckily the day right before it snowed! This was my first attempt at making a music video and I found it somewhat challenging, but rewarding at the same time. I practiced using a slow shutter speed to slow down the motion to create the blur effect. An example of this is with the moving train in the background, Anne stayed in focus, while the train was a blur. We woke up at the crack of dawn to catch the sunrise on the Saturday morning before it snowed, and continued filming throughout the day (after getting some Tim Hortons in our systems). I find I like to film most of my footage, if not all of it in one day therefore resulting in good continuity. This project took me a little longer than most of my other videos because of the attention I gave to detail, but I think it paid off. I feel doing this video was a good learning curve for me and I would appreciate any constructive criticism that people can offer to help me make my video better!    

No comments:

Post a Comment