Thursday 12 September 2013

Reading Survey

When I was younger, I read many books outside of school and always loved being read to. Over time, I have stopped reading as often because I became a lot busier with work and school and it takes me longer to get through a book. Sometimes I struggle to find a book that I really enjoy though. I like reading magazines when I travel or I'm at the beach because they are more appealing to pick up for a quick read. Magazines have always interested me with the variety of articles there are to read and I don’t feel as bad if I can not finish it. Luckily, being in Ms.Mclauchlan’s English classes and having access to her wide arrangement of books has influenced me to start reading more. She has so many choices of books you're bound to find one you'll enjoy!

When I read I like to read true stories whether they're saddening or humorous. I love when I can pick up a book and I'm instantly hooked! A lot of the time I am more interested to read the book if I have heard good things about a book or know about the movie. I’m not too picky about seeing the movie before the book or vice versa but if I read the book first, the movie is more of a reward. Last summer I read the book “The Help”.  I had seen the movie and thought it was so interesting, sad and funny that I had to read it! The hard part for me is being patient with a book because if I get bored, I easily give up. If I’m interested, it’s easier to stay intrigued and finish.

In general, I think reading is important to do because it makes you escape the real world and think. It gives you the chance to exercise different parts of the brain while relaxing at the same time. My favourite kinds of books are romances, comedies and true stories. I always like when there is also a little suspense. I love being able to laugh and be intrigued that you don’t want to stop reading. Sometimes I wish it were a little easier for me to find a book that I’ll really like though. A book is always better when you can relate to it and understand it, which I liked about “Perks of Being a Wallflower” . I read this book last year in English class and I couldn't put it down! I would have to say it is one of my favourite books I have read lately because it was a short read and had everything I like all mixed into one. The key to reading is finding a book you truly love. Not only is my goal to get through a book quicker this year, but I would like to read several books that I will enjoy and be able to recommend to others.

Techno “Do-You"

I have an IPhone with unlimited 3G, which can sometimes be dangerous! I do love my phone though and it helps me stay connected with people everyday, no matter where. My cell phone has helped me stay connected with people across the world and it is very convenient to have especially with the Internet access. With all the amazing things you can do on your phone from take pictures, Instagram, Skype, listen to music and text, smart phones are easily addictive and they can get in the way of everyday life if you don’t use them appropriately. I also have a Mac Book Pro that I bring to school quite often because it's easier and more efficient to use, especially with the great amount of technology based work these days. I don’t have an e-reader because I am happy just having one book on the go with me and I would much rather flip through the pages of an actual book. I haven’t really gotten into Twitter just because I like to avoid most of the drama. If I got twitter I wouldn’t follow many people from school because people are quite dramatic! I like my Instagram and Facebook (and now blogging!). I am happy we started blogs because I have always wanted one but never knew what to write about. I want to take the Creative Communications program at Red River, so anything that will get me writing more will help! 




No comments:

Post a Comment